Food Safety Supervisor
Food technology is concerned with the process of getting food from the farm to the supermarket. Food technologists work in food research and development to ensure the quality and safety of food products. Food technology involves all aspects of food science, including production, processing and distribution. Professionals work to improve manufacturing methods through preservation, storage and new product development.
Food Safety Supervisor (FSS) is a person nominated by the owner of a food business to supervise food handling staff and identify food safety hazards in the workplace. Food Safety Supervisors are a requirement for all food businesses.
Training Program Offered via various schemes named below
- Entrepreneurship-cum-Skill Development Program (ESDP), NIESBUD , govt of India
- Food Safety Training and Certification (FoSTaC), FSSAI , Govt of India
- Employment Certification Program (ECP), Sector Skill Council, Govt of India
- Corporate Skill Training Program(CSTP), IIEST Federation
Type of Certification
- NIESBUD Certification, Govt of India
- Sector Skill Council Certification, Govt of India
- FSSAI Certification, Govt. of India
- Employment Certification, IIEST Federation
- Council for Promotional Research, Trade in Traditional Food Rating Certification
The Objective of Programme:
- To identify and train the potential employee in this sector.
- To develop and strengthen employability skill quality and motivation.
- To enhance industrial skill.
- To provide post-training assistance.
Equivalent Job Profile
After completing the training program of Food Safety Supervisor, the candidate can also go for pursuing job profile related to Hospitality Industry as it matches all the required skills for these jobs as:
Technique used to train a candidate: Reversal Theory Base Training